Home / Views of things / Co-Ops 18
Co-Operative buildings in the North East of the late 19th and early 20th century
- Southern tower with a barometer on. Not sure what the numbers are? Inches of mercury? Deleted the picture of the northern tower
- Built in 1925, designed by L.G. Ekins
- "The Centre for All Round Value The Blyth Co-Operative Society Ltd"
- Co-Op building at 400 Old Durham Road in Gateshead
- Gateshead Industrial Co-Operative Society Limited 1881
- Built in 1925, I imagine
- The North Eastern Co-Op's headquarters at Jackson Street in Gateshead
- Erected 1891
- Old Co-Op in Shiremoor, in a delightful shade of blue. The road to the right is 'Co-Operative Terrace'.
- Chillingham Road, built 1910. Says 'NCSL', which i assume is Newcastle Co-Operative Society Limited
- Heaton Road Branch, Registered Office 117 Newgate Street